If you are searching for the best wireless router for your Mac, you have come to the right page. In this Techspirited article, we will take a look at some of the best Mac-compatible routers available in the market presently.
Since their introduction back in 1984, Macintosh computers have always been a class apart from the rest of the competition. Apple’s Macintosh (Mac for short) brand is unique in many aspects. It is perhaps the only branded PC with its own exclusive operating system (Mac OS X). Everything about a Mac is custom-made. So when it comes to wireless networking connectivity, you have to look for a wireless router that is specially designed for it.
Wireless Router Buying Guide
The prime features to look out for when deciding on a router are its data transmission speed, and the maximum range of connectivity that it offers. Both are decided by the wireless networking standards that the router uses.
Inamax USB WiFi Adapter 1200Mbps, USB 3.0 Wireless Network WiFi Dongle with 5dBi Antenna for PC/Desktop/Laptop/Mac, Dual Band 2.4G/5G 802.11ac,Support Windows. Mac Apps for Networking. Get your network working better with the best networking apps. If you want to track how much you're downloading, transfer or stream a video over a local network,.
It is advisable to opt for a wireless routers that is built according to the 802.11n standard, as it comprises some of the fastest routers in the business. They offer raw transmission speeds up to 600 Mbps. Dual band transmission is another feature to look out for as it means that your router can transmit on two frequencies, further boosting the connection speed.
When choosing a router for home or office use, you would also want it to have Ethernet connector ports for wired Internet access. The other important factor to look out for is wireless security in the form of WPA2 encryption and a firewall.
Best Wireless Routers for Mac
Compatibility with Mac and its hardware specifications and OS, is an essential prerequisite for any wireless router that you choose. The routers listed below are not exactly the best in the market, but they work best with Macs. It should come as no surprise that three out of the following four are manufactured by Apple computers itself.
Apple AirPort Extreme
If you are looking for perfect compatibility with your Macbook Pro, then go for the Apple AirPort Extreme. It has all the features that you need which is not surprising as it comes from the Apple pedigree. With dual-band transmission, 802.11n based connectivity, three Ethernet ports and built-in network security features, it is one of the best routers for Macbook Pro, and an excellent choice for home installation. It comes with a price tag of roughly $164.
Apple Time Capsule MC343LL/A 1TB
A bit more expensive than Apple Airport Extreme, the Apple Time Capsule has all the same features and is priced at $275. It costs more because of the internal 1 Terabyte hard drive that it is supplied with, which works in tandem with the Time Machine backup utility present in the Mac OS. This essentially makes it a router cum backup storage device.
Apple AirPort Express
If you are looking for a low-budget choice, Apple AirPort Express may be the right one for you. With a price tag of around $96, the Express is designed specifically for home usage. It supports 10 simultaneous connections, dual-band transmission, and conforms to the 802.11n standard. It is an excellent choice for the low-budget user.
Linksys WRT400N Double-N Performance Wireless Router
The only third party product in this list, the Linksys WRT400N has it all, and makes for a close competitor to the Apple Airport Extreme. It uses dual-band Wireless-N technology, and comes with full WPA2 encryption, while conforming with the 802.11n standard. All that you would need from a router, comes packed in this product, which could be yours for about $134.
This list should prove helpful in narrowing down the choices for the perfect router for your Mac computer. Remember to choose that product which exactly suits your requirements as well as your budget.
In this post, we’ve put together a collection of the Best WiFi Routers for MAC available on the market. To make your choice easier, we constantly update our collection with new and trending models. When you make any purchase from our independently chosen collection, we may earn some commission without adding additional cost to you.
Our Top Picks
WiFi Routers for MAC featured in this article are independently chosen. The ranking is based on quality, performance, features, customer reviews, and ratings. In the following section, we’ve mentioned some of the key features of each of the WiFi Routers for MAC so that you can easily find the perfect one for your needs.
10 Best WiFi Routers for MAC1Highlighted Features:
- Game online and stream 4D hk video with 1900Mbps of total available bandwidth
- Simultaneous WiFi dual band networks with 2.4GHz (600Mbps) and 5GHz (1300Mbps)
- Supercharge your WiFi coverage thanks to three dual band antennas with 900mW high powered amplifiers
- 1GHz dual core Processor handles simultaneous wired and wireless connections without interruption
- Lightning fast wired connections using four Gigabit Ethernet ports
- JD Power Award ---Highest in customer satisfaction for wireless routers 2017 and 2019
- Router for wireless internet, works with Alexa, compatible with all Wi-Fi devices, 802.11ac and older
- Dual band router upgrades to 1750 Mbps high speed internet(450mbps for 2.4GHz, 1300Mbps for 5GHz), reducing buffering and ideal for 4K streaming
- Gigabit Router with 4 Gigabit LAN ports, fast access to multiple connected wired devices, Ideal as a gaming router
- Integrated USB port acts as a media Server, easily share your USB drive content
- TP-Link tether app easily set up and remotely manage your home network
- Works with all internet service providers, such as AT&T, Verizon, Xfinity, Spectrum, RCN, Cox, CenturyLink, Frontier, etc.( a modem is required for most internet service providers)
- Wireless N speed up to 450Mbps, ideal for bandwidth-intensive tasks like HD video streaming, VoIP, and online gaming. Not compatible with phoneline internet.
- 802.11n technology, 15x faster with 5x the range of 802. 11g, Three antennas for increased coverage and stability, System Requirements - Microsoft Windows 98SE, NT, 2000, XP, Vista or Windows 7, Windows8/ 8.1/10, MAC OS, NetWare, UNIX or Linux
- IP based bandwidth control allows you to determine how much bandwidth is allotted to each device, WPS button for one-touch wireless security encryption
- Parental Controls to manage Internet access on children's or employees's computers, Industry-leading 2-year and unlimited 24/7 technical support.
- 450Mbps wireless speed is only for TL-WR940N V3 while the earlier version is 300Mbps. It is a combined wired/wireless network connection device designed specifically for small business and home office networking requirements. You could easily pick up the wireless network during long-distance connection where legacy 11g products may not
- System Ram Type: Ddr3 Sdram
- Fast 24x8 DOCSIS 3.0 cable Modem Plus a built-in AC1900 Dual band (2.4GHz and 5GHz) Wi-Fi Gigabit Router with four Gigabit (GigE) Ethernet ports, power boost Wi-Fi amplifiers, firewall security, and more. The maximum modem speed is 1000 Mbps, supporting service speeds up to 650.
- Eliminate up to 156 dollars per year in cable Modem rental fees. (Savings are shown for Comcast Xfinity and vary by cable service provider.) certified by all leading cable service providers including Comcast Xfinity, Cox, Charter spectrum (no cable Modem is compatible with fiber optic, DSL, or satellite services, available from Verizon, AT&T, CenturyLink, Frontier, and others.)
- Built-in high-speed router with AC1900 wireless and Power boost - Provides internet access for Wi-Fi devices including smartphones, notebooks, tablets, and more. 4 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN ports provide wired connections to Windows and Mac computers and other Ethernet-capable devices. A Broadcom cable Modem Chipset provides security from denial of service attacks.
- Wireless power boost for better speed and range - Adds high-performance Wi-Fi power amplifiers to boost the wireless signals to the legal limit, giving a significant Boost in speed and range. In addition, anybeam Performing at both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz frequencies focuses the signal on wireless clients to further enhance performance and range
- HIGH PERFORMANCE WIFI ROUTER Stream your favorite movies in 4K, play online games or download content with Core’s powerful dual core processor
- MULTI LAYER PROTECTION Comprehensive network security to protect your connected home from malware, viruses, phishing tactics and even botnets
- PROTECT ALL CONNECTED DEVICES A 1 yr subscription to Norton Security is included to protect your Macs, PCs, tablets, smartphones & smart devices
- SMART PARENTAL CONTROLS Manage screen time by setting content filters or daily limits on usage; And when needed, pause the Internet
- EASY SET UP Bluetooth enabled iOS/Android device with a mobile data plan is needed; Download the Norton Core app to complete set up; Modem required
- SAY GOODBYE TO SPOTTY WIFI DEAD ZONES- You shouldn't have to put up with slow internet speeds at home, even if you're outside. Thanks to this 2.42 GHz and 5.8 GHz USB Adapter you won't have to! With 100 yards of coverage feel FREE to surf from your bedroom porch or garage. It's perfect for gaming as well! IT'S SIMPLE: 1) Plug it in 2) Install the Driver and 3) GO. That's true whether you're using Windows 10 8.1 8 7 Vista XP Mac OS/10.4-10.15
- YOUR OWN SECURE WIRLESS NETWORK- The AC1200 series is supported by all WLAN routers: WPA/WPA2/WEP. And it's undisturbed by other normally interfering devices like Bluetooth or cordless phones. Which means you won't have unexpected dropped calls or loss of signal quality Period.
- REACH YOUR FULL POTENTIAL - You may be fed up with your old modem or router or have a broken internet card or antenna but you don't need to replace it! At up to 300Mbps 802.11n or 867Mbps 802.11AC, this Wifi Adapter is guaranteed to get you FASTER speeds.
- WE CARE - Techkey has been in business for over ten years and have been the solution of choice for large corporations who need reliable technology. With a super fast and reliable customer service team, we believe that connection and communication is one of the most important aspects of life. We know that technology can be an incredible gift and are proud that our products can help you connect to the world more seamlessly.
- WE OFFER THE REAL WIFI ADAPTERS - We want to make sure that you are happy with our products for a LONG time, not just a couple of days. That's why we're constantly updating our drivers for you. Because we stand behind EVERY Dual Band Wireless USB Adapter we make.
Best Wireless Router For Mac DevicesSale8
Best Wifi Routers For MacHighlighted Features:
- 16x4 DOCSIS 3.0 cable modem plus a built-in AC1600 Dual Band (2.4 GHz and 5 GHz) WiFi Gigabit Router with four Gigabit (GigE) Ethernet ports, a firewall, and more. This product is recommended for actual cable Internet service speeds up to 375 Mbps. A Broadcom cable modem chipset provides security from Denial of Service attacks.
- Requires cable Internet service. Approved by Comcast Xfinity and Xfinity X1, Cox, Charter Spectrum, BrightHouse, WOW., CableOne, RCN, Mediacom and other cable service providers. Eliminate cable modem rental fees up to 168 dollars per year. (Savings are shown for Xfinity and vary by provider). Not compatible with Verizon, AT&T, CenturyLink and other fiber optic, DSL or satellite services. Model MG7540 does not have a phone jack. This model cannot be used for making or receiving telephone calls.
- Built-in high-speed Wi-Fi router with AC1600 Wi-Fi provides Internet access for Wi-Fi devices including smartphones, notebooks, tablets, game stations, HDTVs, Amazon Echo, Google Home, Chromecast, Roku, Amazon Fire TV, and AppleTV. 4 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN ports provide wired connections to Windows and Mac computers, HDTVs, game stations, streaming TV devices, and other Ethernet-capable devices.
- The router can work on WiFi DFS frequencies, unlike most routers, so it is much less vulnerable to WiFi interference from neighbors. AnyBeam beamforming at both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz frequencies focuses the signal on wireless clients to further enhance performance and range.
- Integrating the cable modem and router creates a reliable connection that reduces unwieldy wiring and power adapter clutter while conserving desk space. The vertical design minimizes shelf space and improves cooling while looking great in any home or office. A 2-year warranty plus rugged lightning and power surge circuits protect your investment.
- High Transmission Speed: USB 3.0 port which works 10 times faster than USB 2.0,802.11 ac with dual band 2.4GHz/300Mbps or 5GHz/866Mbps giving your devices Access to the latest dual-band Wi-Fi router for faster speed and extended range
- Wireless Range: High gain long-range 5dBi dual band antenna network card can help you connect even when signals are weak, Wifi adapter ensures range extended Wifi connection and superior stability on your desktop, laptop, PC
- Safety and Stability: WiFi adapter wireless adapter undisturbed by other normally, devices like Bluetooth or cordless phones, promise high effective wireless connect, Support WEP/WAP/WPA2 secure Tech.
- Compatibility: Compatible with Windows XP/7/8/8.1/10/ Mac OS /10.9-10.15, no recommended for linux system. Note: the driver does not support Mac OS 11.0.1 or above
- What You Get :1x USB Wifi Adapter,1xUser manual, 1x Drive disc
Best Small Business Wireless Router
- Netgear Certified Refurbished product is manufacturer refurbished to work and look as new with 90 Day Warranty and email support. All accessories are included with limited documentation and additional information online. Netgear recommends to udpate the firmware for the device to be up to date.
- DOCSIS 3.0 cable modem unleashes 8x faster download speeds up to 340 Mbps faster, smoother WiFi, and works with all major cable Internet providers (Not Compatible with Cable Bundled Voice Services).
- Certified to work with Cable Internet Providers like XFINITY from Comcast, Time Warner Cable, Cox, Cablevision, Bright House Networks, & More (Not Compatible with Cable Bundled Voice Services).
- 8x4 channel bonding with Gigabit Ethernet Ports for fast wired, connections USB port to wirelessly share your hard drive.Double firewall protection (SPI and NAT firewall)
- 'Netgear Refurbished product may have a removed serial number. You will need to state the product is refurbished (state the full part number) if emailing customer support. See the attached (image) flyer to obtain the Serial Number and MAC Address information that maybe needed by your Cable provider before contacting them.'
Best Wireless Routers For Mac
So, these are all of the Best WiFi Routers for MAC that you can consider buying for your needs. If you think we’ve missed something, feel free to let us know by dropping a comment below.