Taking the Road Test at a DMV Office
Making Your Appointment
Road test appointments are scheduled through DMV's online appointment system.
A non-licensed driver cannot drive to the test location unless accompanied by a licensed driver.
Driver's Training Toolbox. Army Combat Readiness Center developed this toolbox to assist commanders, examiners and instructors in the management of driver training. The toolbox provides a central location for the materials necessary to establish and maintain an effective driver training program. Please direct your questions, comments. Fuel turned up 3 turns. Wastegate hose choked off.
What to Bring to Your Appointment
Lmtv Drivers Test Practice
On the date of your road test, please arrive to the test location 15 minutes prior to your appointment time. If you fail to comply with the list of requirements, you will be required to reschedule your appointment.
Here's a list of what to bring with you:
Lmtv Drivers Test Online
- A print-out of your road test appointment confirmation page. (This is emailed to you when you successfully schedule your appointment.)
- A fully completed R-229 form application.
- Your learner's permit. If you do not have it, you can obtain a duplicate. If you do not have the permit and cannot obtain a duplicate, you will forfeit the appointment, have to reschedule the test and pay another license exam fee OR: If you have lost your learner's permit, you must bring one form of acceptable ID to apply for a duplicate, and the associated fee payment.
- A properly registered and insured vehicle (appropriate for the type of test that you are taking). Review all the vehicle requirements. The vehicle used for the road test MUST be mechanically safe and pass an evaluation.
- Valid Motor Vehicle Registration Certificate. Please verify that you have the current registration in the vehicle before you leave home and bring it into the office when you arrive for your test.
- Connecticut Insurance card. The required proof of insurance must be in the same name as on the registration, with the exception of leased vehicles which may be in the name of the lessee. Please verify that you have the current proof of insurance in the vehicle before you leave home and bring it into the office when you arrive for your test.
- The CS-1 Driver Education Certificate. The CS-1 form will be issued by a Connecticut licensed driving school and electronically sent to DMV after successful completion of the training course.
- License Fee: The fee for your license will be $84. See acceptable forms of payment.
- Under 18 Applicants: Your qualified trainer must be present at the DMV office and sign a form attesting that all driver education/practice driving requirements have been fulfilled.
- Out of Country License: If you are presenting an out of country license that is in a language other than English, you must provide translation by one of our approved translators.
What the Road Test Evaluates
The road test evaluates:
- Safe condition of the vehicle used for the road test.
- Ability to properly adjust seat, mirror, seat belts ('preparing to drive').
- Response to traffic control signs and signals, signaling, road markings, interaction with other motorists (yielding right-of-way, response to emergency vehicles).
- Proficiency in basic driving skills such as turns, backing and parking.
- Other driver maneuvers at the direction of the inspector/license agent.
- Knowledge of common phrases (PDF) used during the road test.
Failing the Road Test
If you fail the road test, you must wait a minimum of two weeks (14 days) before taking the road test again and must pay another $40 testing fee.
- To reschedule and pay for another road test appointment, please visit this website. To access your PIN please refer to your confirmation emails or use the “Retrieve PIN” option on the scheduling website.
Unable to Keep Road Test Appointment
If you are unable to keep your driver's license road test appointment, you must reschedule your appointment through this website. Failure to do so will result in a forfeit of the prepaid testing fee.
Drivers Test Appointment Ontario
Also, listen to Podcasts on: