- Skype for Business for Windows
- Lync for Mac
All users use the same version Skype for Business 2016 and Outlook 2016 (MSO 16.0.8326.2076 32bit) Users who have a problem with the conversation history, do not have many items in their mailbox. MAPI interface state - valid EWS status is OK. For example, if someone send you an IM while you are offline, then it's a normal behavior the Conversation History not get saved. It's not feasible to save IMs when the recipients are offline. If this is not the scenario, please check the following troubleshooting steps: Check your MAPI and EWS connection status in Skype for Business.
- Mar 28, 2018 Hi all, I am using skype for business 2015 and office 2016 package windows 10 OS. My skype conversation history is not getting saved in my outlook( Conversation history folder.
- One of my user's SfB is not saving history calls and chats. All; Missed and Calls are just empty when you open conversation tab. We are running Skype for Business server 2015 on-prem and the client is SKype for Business 2016 client.
- First make sure the Skype for Business version and Outlook version should be updated from same Office version. On the other hand, same account needs to be signed into Outlook and Skype for Business on Mac. Further, kindly make sure that Server side Conversation History should be enabled and all the message history settings configured correctly.
Use Microsoft Skype for Business to access Indiana University's UniCom service.
Both Skype for Business for Windows and Lync for Mac allow you to choose whether to save your instant message (IM) conversations. In Skype for Business, you can also record audio and video calls, including desktop sharing. See below for instructions. You cannot record calls in Lync for Mac. For Windows users in Indiana University's UniCom system, a log of all calls is saved in Outlook by default, but you can change the settings as described below.
Note that even if you choose not to save or record your conversations, others in the conversation may be saving them.
Skype for Business for Windows
Save IM conversations and call logs
To change your settings:
- From the Tools menu, select Options.
- If necessary, in the panel on the left, click Personal. Near the middle, check or uncheck Save instant messageconversations in my email Conversation History folder and Save call logs in my email Conversation History folder, as desired.
- Click OK. You will need to sign out of Skype for Business and sign back in for changes to take effect.
To view your saved conversations or call logs, navigate to the
Conversation History folder in Outlook. If the folder list is not visible on the left, click the double arrows (>>) to expand the Navigation Pane and/or click Mail. Your
Conversation History folder should be listed among your folders.
Record audio and video calls
You can record Skype for Business calls and online meetings in both UniComBasic and Enterprise Voice modes if both people are using Skype for Business, as opposed to a traditional phone. When you start recording, a notice will appear in the other person's Skype for Business client or Skype for Business-enabled device, stating that the call is being recorded. If the other person is using a phone that can't display this notification, the call won't be recorded.
However, in calls or meetings with three or more people, you can record the call as long as at least two of the parties are using Skype for Busines or a Skype for Business-enabled device. Thus, you can record a conversation with someone using a traditional phone (whether on or off campus) if you invite another Skype for Business user into the conversation.
For instructions for recording audio or video calls or online meetings, see Microsoft's Record and play back a Skype for Business meeting. Recordings are stored in your local folders, and therefore have no impact on your Exchange storage limit.
Skype For Business Save Conversations
Lync for Mac
Stop Saving Conversations Skype
Save IM conversations
In Lync for Mac, you'll typically be prompted to set the option for saving IM conversations the first time you use Lync. You can change this option later as follows:
- From the Lync menu, select Preferences.
- In Preferences, select the History icon, and enable or disable the ability to save IM conversations.
To see your saved IM conversations, from the Window menu, select Conversation History.
Skype For Business Mac Conversation History Not Saving Password
Print Skype For Business Conversation
In macOS, logs of Lync IM conversations are stored in your local folders, rather than in Outlook; therefore saving IM conversations has no impact on your Exchange storage limit.
Skype For Business Mac Conversation History Not Saving Information
Conversation History In Yahoo
For an introduction to UniCom, including how-to PDFs and videos, seeUniCom.